Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh, you know.

My mother yells at me for being too opinionated. She complains I am too judgemental, too quick to think badly of others, blah blah blah. Example: yesterday, at my beloved younger sister's high school graduation, the student speaker gave, I have absolutely no problem saying, a horribly abysmal speech. She said the word "change" (cliched and typical :barf:) about 600 times but never made any point about how change is good, bad, looks good with a hat on....nothing. No point whatsoever. Instead of bringing me to rather embarrassing and sloppy tears, the speech made me slump down farther into the uncomfortable metal seat and whisper to my red pant-suited mother, "This speech is horrible, don't you have to audition for this thing?" I could just barely hear her response under the reverence of the word "change" through the pavilion, "Do you have to have an opinion about everything?" accompanied by stern look number 4, reserved for when I violate the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule.


My mother does not appreciate my true, though possibly somewhat harsh opinions, and so I decided to follow the advice of my lovely, older cousin, and start my own blog. SO LISTEN TO ME AND MY OPINIONS...just kidding.


Well, actually, I partly started this blog to share some of my poetry online (please don't leave! I swear to god it won't make you throw up or want to cut yourself.) I'm an aspiring writer, and I need some exposure, and I just know I'm going to have way too much free time this summer.


So anywho, read it, comment on it, love it, hate it. whatevskis. I'm just here doing stuff, you know.


Tah

No comments:

Post a Comment