Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dear Mean Lady Whose Car I Accidentally Hit Yesterday,

I'm very sorry that I knocked the mirror off of your ugly beige sedan that was parked in a non-parking spot in the entrace to a crowded lot near my boyfriend's bike shop. I really didn't mean to, it was a nearly unavoidable mishap (I'm not even going to use the word "accident") because that area of the parking lot is much too narrow, and there are parked cars on either side, and there was a very large truck coming toward me, and in the end, I had to decide between being paralyzed from the neck down and your side-view mirror.

Obviously, I made the wrong choice. I know this because you have chosen to punish me, and it must be exactly what I deserve for you to not take our phone calls, demand that we go through insurance and be rude to me the one time you allowed me to speak to you. Nevermind the fact that I left a nice little note containing an apology and my information in a waterproof plastic bag on your windshield. I know you think I did that only because there was a policeman exiting the fast food place right near there who saw the whole thing, but I didn't. I would have done the right thing, whether he were there or not. Just because you would have driven away if no one had seen you, doesn't mean any other self-respecting person would have.

In any case, I suppose it is your right to choose to be vindictive and "teach me a lesson" in your own special way, and I guess the only response I can really have for that is: karma's a bitch. Your time will come.

Sincerely,
That Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment