Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All aloney on my owny

So tonight is the second night in a row where I ate dinner with my parents (sans little sister) and am sitting on the couch watching TV with them. I mean, it has been two delicious, free dinners in a row, and prime time hasn't been horrible this past two nights, but I am starting to miss my life a little. You see, my best girlfriends, my boyfriend, and my younger sister are all on vacation this week...leaving me at home to suffer alone. While they are off gallivanting across the sandy beaches, eating at amazing restaurants, lolling around in hot tubs, and surrounded by beauteous friends/family, I am at home/work, and it is far less relaxing/glamorous.

Not to say that I'm not enjoying my time at home with my parents. I am. We're talking, we're laughing, sharing stories... and they go to bed pretty early, so I mean, if I get tired of them, all have to do is hang out in my room until 10:30 or so and then I have the house pretty much to myself, as long as I keep the tv volume below 8. Also, I've been catching up on episodes of The Nanny (Nick at Nite, 11pm-12pm), and I'm finishing my latest knitting project at an almost inhuman rate (for a beginner, at least). Not to mention, my lovely and gorgeous blog is getting the extra special attention that it deserves.

I've taken the measures of adding a link to a full episode of The Nanny below for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.sidereel.com/The_Nanny/_watchlinkviewer/732
I know you'll enjoy it.

While I'm here, I think I'll post another poem...just for funzies.


Apology

Hey you,
Leave your pyramid
Of glossy words
At my door for
My neighborhood to see,
You’ve crafted it so brilliantly.
Don’t

Bite your nails when you
Talk to me.
I should be the distraction.

p.s. I've submitted some poems to a literary magazine...cross your fingers that I get in! I wanna be published so bad! That reminds me, I should start working on some new stuff....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! My professor suggested I add a few things to this poem to make what it was about more clear, but all I really had to do was change the title from "Visitor" to "Apology." I'm glad that did the trick, because I really didn't want to bulk up this piece.

    ReplyDelete